"I’d put my money on the Sun and Solar Energy, what a source of Power! I hope we don’t have to wait until oil and coal run out, before we tackle that." - Thomas Edison
Electricity is undeniably one of the most remarkable finding of mankind. It is essential to serve many purposes including but not limited to providing lighting and air conditioning. What we take for granted, is considered a luxury to many people in various regions in the world.
Generally, coal-powered electricity is not environmental friendly and is inconvenient in many parts of the world. On the other hand, solar power takes energy directly from the sun to form electricity and is sustainable for a long period of time. The only problem is that solar power is very costly.
Solar for Life is an entirely student run organization that aims to provide access to clean and affordable energy to impoverished communities across the world. Through a network of youth ambassadors, we fund raise money and install solar panels in underprivileged communities to help provide affordable energy and empower community members.
Here at Solar For Life, we understand the important role of electricity for people in developing countries and we work diligently to provide solar panels to those in need. Unfortunately, since the organization is ran by students, economical concern is an obstacle in our path of helping those in need.
With just a few dollars, you can make a difference. Please donate to help underprivileged families and light up a better future for kids that has been living in the dark for too long.
Where your money will go towards:
- 250 watt solar panels for kids in underprivileged communities
- the light will aid the students to study at night, and the light will be used for basic home functions.
Check us out at: http://solarforlife.us/
Please reblog to bring awareness to the kids without light, please donate to brighten up their future.
**If you donate more than $5, I will promote your blog to 150,000 followers!** Just message me for verification
Every single cent that you donate will be used towards improving the future of many families. On behalf of the SFL team, thank you.
This doesn’t even have 1,000 notes.. let’s see if we can get this post recognition by tonight. This is a wonderful idea.
- student: hey government can I have some money to go to university
- uk government: sure here you go. you'll have to pay it back but only when you're earning £21,000+ a year, and if you don't pay it off after 30 years we'll just write it off, don't worry about it man
- scottish government: nah man just go to uni we ain't gonna charge you
- us government: no. you gotta pay it yourself. upfront. your parents have to save up from the moment you're born. good luck, fucker.
Words to keep inside your pocket:
- Quiescent - a quiet, soft-spoken soul.
- Chimerical - merely imaginary; fanciful.
- Susurrus - a whispering or rustling sound.
- Raconteur - one who excels in story-telling.
- Clinquant - glittering; tinsel-like.
- Aubade - a song greeting the dawn.
- Ephemeral - lasting a very short time.
- Sempiternal - everlasting; eternal.
- Euphonious - pleasing; sweet in sound.
- Billet-doux - a love letter.
- Redamancy - act of loving in return.
“We built this tree house together in six weeks for under $4000. Reclaimed oak wood cutoffs make up the floor, and all windows and doors were salvaged. Inside is complete with a sleeping loft and composting toilet. Tree house. Wee house. You & Me house.”
This just ROCKS!